Ensuring Viewings are Successful
Private viewings and open houses provide opportunities for buyers to view your property and get a sense of what it is like to live there. Ideally, you will want them to be impressed by what they see – and motivated to make an offer.
As your real estate agents, we ensure we maximize the potential of every viewing and open house. To accomplish that, we advise you on how best to prepare your property, we market it to qualified buyers, and then, at viewings, draw their attention to the great qualities of your house.
When it comes to scheduling, we coordinate with you to select days and times that are as convenient as possible. Obviously, we encourage you to be as flexible as you can, as that will enable more buyers to see your property. Weekends, in particular, are popular for viewings.
Don’t worry about all the details. We take care of all aspects of scheduling viewings, as well as planning and hosting open houses.
Although we do a lot of the work, there are several things you can do to make viewings more successful:
- Make sure your house is as uncluttered and clean as possible.
- Keeping your home tidy each day before you leave for work is a great idea to allow any last minute showings during the day.
- Remove the majority of personal items such as family pictures. This makes it easier for buyers to imagine themselves living in the house.
- Put all of your jewellery and valuables in a safety deposit box or safe for the time your home is up for sale.
- Find a place to go, such as a park, coffee shop or neighbours home. Buyers are more comfortable if they can view the property without you there.
- If possible, remove your pets. You can take them for a walk, or to a local pet sitting service or kennel.
- Ensure the walkway leading up to your house is clear, tidy and welcoming.
We realize viewings and open houses can be a little inconvenient. As your real estate agents, we will do our best to minimize the disruptions. We will focus on bringing in serious buyers, rather than those who are merely curious. This speeds up the process and increases the likelihood of a buyer seeing your property, becoming interested, and making an offer.
To sell your home quickly, and for the best price possible, it is crucial that viewings and opening houses are done right. Want to learn more about our approach? Please submit the form below or call or email us today to schedule a no-obligation Personal Consultation.